823 Forsyth St
This collection of buildings has a powerful tale to tell and thanks to the strategic partnership of Virgil Adams and Brian Adams, its history will be revived through this transformative historic rehabilitation. This structure was erected in 1900 and immediately emerged as a fixture on Macon’s Black Wall Street. During segregation and the Jim Crow era, Cotton Avenue was the epicenter for thriving Black-owned businesses and this location was a premier location as it was anchored by three historic black churches: First Baptist, Steward Chapel, and Tremont Temple.
Mr. Albert Billingslea, a well-known contractor, entrepreneur, politician, and civil rights leader owned this property for several decades and one of the six storefronts remained as his office until his passing in 2011. Mr. Billingslea was very influential in Macon’s growth and development, especially as it relates to the Black community. As homage to Mr. Billingsea’s legacy, this developer duo is unapologetically committed to restoring this property to its best and highest use. Soon, these newly rehabilitated historic buildings will transform this section of Forsyth Street and create an attractive gateway into downtown Macon.
Once complete, this development will include six commercial storefronts and six 1 and 2 bedroom lofts on the upper floor. If interested in leasing information, please email email@example.com for more information.
Adams Squared, LLC